curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map


Home Help      
Home Page > Courts > Forms for Lawsuits

I Want to File an Appeal



  • New Jersey Supreme Court Guide for Litigants Without Lawyers (from the N.J. Judiciary) - The New Jersey Supreme Court is the highest state court. This site explains how to file an appeal with the New Jersey Supreme Court with links to a glossary for legal terms. The Web site also describes how to ask to have the filing fee waived if you have a low income.

  • How to File an Appeal with the Appellate Division (from the New Jersey Judiciary) - You can file an appeal with the Appellate Division to ask it to change the decision of a lower court. This Web site has forms and instructions created by the Appellate Division for people who are representing themselves.


Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.