curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map


Home Help      
Home Page > Courts > New Jersey State Courts

Collection of Unpaid Special Civil Part Filing Fees

Starting July 1, 2012, the New Jersey Department of the Treasury’s Division of Revenue will be responsible for collecting the amount due on returned checks (bad checks) that were used to pay for Superior Court filing fees or other court fees. The Division uses collection agencies and also deducts the amount due from state income tax refunds. The Division also has the right to charge a $50 penalty in addition to the amount of the returned check.


Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.