curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Family and Relationships

Home Help      
Home Page > Family and Relationships > Child Support > How to Change a Child Support Order > I am the parent who is supposed to be paying support

I have not had a "change in circumstances"


You are the parent paying child support and you have determined that you have not had a change in circumstances, so you should not file an application to modify/change your child support order at this time. However if, at any time in the future, you have a change in circumstances that affects your ability to pay child support you should consider filing a motion to modify the child support order.  For further information about the subject of child support in general, see the New Jersey Child Support Web site.


Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.