curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Family and Relationships

Home Help      
Home Page > Family and Relationships > Child Support > How to Change a Child Support Order > I am the parent who is supposed to be receiving support

I have not had a "change in circumstances"


You have determined that you have not had a change in circumstances, so you should not file an application to modify/change your child support order at this time. However, if you experience a change in circumstances at any time in the future you should consider filing an application.

Other Relief

At this time there may be other relief that you need. For instance, if you are:

  • receiving your child support payments late
  • receiving only part of the payments or
  • not receiving child support at all,

you can file an application to enforce your child support order.

There are different forms you must fill out to enforce your court order, depending on what type of child support case you have. To determine what type of case you have you must look at the docket number of your case. If you have a copy of your most recent child support order you can read the docket number on that document.

Do you have a copy of your child support order?

Select the statement that applies to you:


  • No I do not have a copy of my most recent child support order

  • Yes I have a copy of my most recent child support order


    Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

    Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.