curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Family and Relationships

Home Help      
Home Page > Family and Relationships > Child Support > How to Change a Child Support Order > I am the parent who is supposed to be receiving support > I have not had a "change in circumstances"

No I do not have a copy of my most recent child support order


You have indicated that you are the parent receiving support, that you have not had a change in circumstances and that you do not have a copy of your child support court order. You should get a copy of the most recent child support order in your case before you go to court to enforce it.

In order to get a copy of the most recent court order in your child support case, contact the court where you got your original child support order. Visit the New Jersey Child Support Web site (see link below) for a list of courthouses addresses and phone numbers in each county where you can go to change your child support order.

It is usually quicker to go to the courthouse to get a copy of the order. However, if you cannot get to the courthouse and are making your request by mail, make sure to include a postage pre-paid envelope.



Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.