curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Family and Relationships

Home Help      
Home Page > Family and Relationships > Custody/Visitation > How to Change or Enforce a Custody/Visitation Order > I am the custodial parent > I have not had a change in circumstances

I do not have a copy of my most recent custody/visitation order


You will need to obtain a copy of the most recent court order in your case before you can go to court to change it.

In order to get a copy of the most recent court order in your custody/visitation case, contact the court where you received your original custody/visitation order, or if your court order is several years old, you may have to contact an office in Trenton.

View a list of county courthouse addresses and phone numbers.

View more information about how to request court records, along with the correct record request forms.

It is best to go to the courthouse in person to get a copy of the order. However, if you cannot get to the courthouse and are making your request by mail make sure to include a postage pre-paid envelope. The fees for copying are set by the court. They are as follows:

.75 per page for the 1st  to the 10th page; .50 per page for the 11th to the 20th page; .25 per page for all pages over 20.



  • Click here to continue


    Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

    Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.