curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Family and Relationships

Home Help      
Home Page > Family and Relationships > Custody/Visitation > How to Change or Enforce a Custody/Visitation Order > I am the non-custodial parent

I have had a change in circumstances


The legal basis for filing a motion to change or modify a custody order is to demonstrate a change in circumstances.  In order to apply to the court to change a custody/visitation order you must submit the required papers which include among the things  a copy of the order that you are attempting to change. If you do not have a copy of the order you will need to get one.

Click below on the statement that applies to your situation:

  • I do not have a copy of my most recent custody/visitation order

  • I have a copy of my most recent custody/visitation order


    Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

    Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.