curved lines

LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions, help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at

LSNJLAW: You and the Law in New Jersey
  Read ThisOnline IntakeGet More HelpAbout LSNJEspanolSite Map

Government Aid and Services

Home Help      
Home Page > Government Aid and Services > Child Care

Transitional Child Care (TCC)


You may be eligible for TCC benefits for up to 24 months if your TANF cash assistance has been terminated due to earnings from employment. N.J.A.C. 10:15-4.2. In this case, however, you must meet certain eligibility criteria, such as providing proof of your earnings, signing an agreement for services, and paying a co-payment for services. N.J.A.C. 10:15-4.2.

If you believe that you may be eligible for any of the benefits under TANF or WFNJ programs, you should contact your family service worker, call the Child Care Hotline at 800-332-9CARE, or contact your county Unified Child Care Agency (UCCA). There is a link to a list of these agencies below.



Top of page Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Glossary

Low-income New Jerseyans can get free legal help by phone: call our toll-free hotline at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.