LSNJ LAW has just been redesigned to better answer your legal questions,
help you with your legal problems, or just teach you more about the law.
Please visit our new Web site at http://www.lsnjlaw.org.
- Access Link
- Eligibility for services is determined by interviews done in person by community based agencies across the state.
- Costs are equal to regular bus fares.
- Reservations are required 1-14 days prior to trip.
- Travel is unrestricted as long as it is ¾ mile of regular bus route.
- County Paratransit
- Community based transportation services.
- Eligibility determined by specific county and/or municipality.
- Prioritizes medical trips.
- Reservations needed in advance.
- Free or discounted fare.
- Transports throughout county.
- Logisticare - provides medical transportation for recipients of NJ Family Care/Medicaid throughout the state.
“Where’s my ride:” 1-866-527-9934
- To make transportation reservations for medical appointments, call Logisticare at 1-866-527-9933.
- Once eligibility is determined, you will need to provide your Doctor’s name, address, phone number, appointment time and date, and reason for the appointment.
- Make note of your confirmation number when making your reservation.
- If you have any problems or your ride does not arrive, please call Logisticare at 1-866-527-9934 and provide your confirmation number.
- Reservations can be made up to 1 month prior to the appointment. However, reservations must be made by before noon, 2 business days prior to the appointment.
- Reduced Fare Program
- For senior citizens 62 and older and passengers with disabilities.
- Reduced fare with valid NJ TRANSIT Reduced Fare ID/Card, Medicare card or other valid form of identification.
- Applications can be found at most local banks, county Offices of Aging, on the website, or by calling.
- New Jersey Council on Special Transportation (NJCOST)
COST advocates for all transportation services for senior citizens, persons with disabilities, low income, welfare to work and job access. Transportation services include but are not limited to: non-emergency medical appointments, dialysis, physical and mental therapy, competitive and non-competitive work sites, nutrition sites, post-secondary education, Veteran services, food shopping, Medicaid transportation, social and recreational activities, etc.
Cross County Connection (Transportationchoices.com)
2002D Lincoln Drive West
Marlton, NJ 08053
South Jersey: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem
- NJ Find A Ride
Njfindaride.org is a directory of accessible transportation options for people with disabilities and others in New Jersey who don't have easy, reliable access to private automobile transportation. You can search for transportation service providers alphabetically, by county, or specific needs.
- Municipal Transit Services
Some municipalities have their own free bus/transportation services for senior citizens and persons with disabilities. Individuals must be residents of the municipality. Schedules within each municipality vary according to residents needs. See each municipality for specific details.
- Paratransit/Community Transportation: County Coordinated Systems
New Road & Dolphin Avenue
Northfield, NJ 08225
Dispatch Operations Center: 609-645-5918
Public Transit Information - Detailed information regarding specific municipalities within Atlantic County.
(Atlantic City, Brigantine, Galloway Township, Hamilton Township, Margate, Pleasantville, Ventnor)
178 Essex Street
Lodi, NJ 07644
Community Transportation: Resources - Contains information regarding the community transportation services and specific municipalities.
49 Rancocas Road, Room G-21
PO Box 6000
Public Transit Information - Detailed information regarding municipal transit services in Burlington County.
(Evesham Township, Mt. Laurel, Pemberton Township, Willingboro)
Senior Citizens United Community Services (SCUCS)
146 Black Horse Pike
Mt. Ephraim, NJ 08059-2035
Public Transit Information - Detailed information regarding municipal transit services in Camden County.
(Bellmawr, Berlin Borough, Berlin Township, Brooklawn, Cherry Hill, Gloucester Township, Haddon Township, Lawnside, Lindenwold, Pennsauken, Pine Hill, Runnemede, Voorhees)
Cape May County
Fare Free Transportation
4 Moore Road, DN 626
Cape May Courthouse, NJ 08210
Public Transit Information - Cape May County (from Cross County Connection).
Cumberland Area Transit System (CATS)
790 East Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Tel: 856-691-9331 or 856-691-7799 for reservations
Public Transit Information - Cumberland County (from Cross County Connection).
Special Transportation System
c/o Essex County Division on Aging
50 South Clinton Street, 3rd Floor
East Orange, NJ 07018
Division of Transportation Services
211 County House Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
Tel: 856-307-4845 to schedule, 856-307-4849 to confirm reservations
Public Transit Information - Detailed information regarding municipal transit services in Gloucester County.
(Clayton Borough, Deptford Township, Franklin Township, Glassboro Borough, Logan Township, Maua Township, Monrow Township, Pitman Borough, Washington Township, Wenonah Borough, Westville Borough, West Deptford Township, Woodbury Heights)
595 County Avenue, Building 2
Secaucus, NJ 07094
1 East Main Street
PO Box 2900
Flemington, NJ 08822
Tel: 800-842-0531 (Voice & TT)
300 Scotch Road- Building 1
Trenton, NJ 08628
Tel: 609-530-1971, 72, 73, 74 (Voice & TT)
Or 609-275-2929 (Princeton Area Only)
Middlesex County Area Transit (MCAT)
711 Jersey Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Division of Transportation (SCAT)
250 Center Street
Freehold, NJ 07728
Tel: 732-431-6485 or 780-1121 or 431-6480 (Voice & TT)
Morris Area Paratransit System (MAPS)
PO Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963
Tel: 973-829-8103 or 888-282-6277
Department of Transportation Services (Ocean Ride)
PO Box 2191
Toms River, NJ 08754
Tel: 732-736-8989 or 877-929-2082
1310 Route 23 North
Wayne, NJ 07470
Tel: 973-305-5756, 57, 58
Senior, Disability Services, & Veterans’ Affairs
(excludes Paterson, Clifton, West Milford, and city of Passaic)
West Milford 973-728-2863
Office of Aging: Transportation Unit
98 Market Street
Salem, NJ 08079
Tel: 856-339-8622 or 856-358-3857 ext 8622
Public Transit Information - Information on the Salem County Specialized Transportation Program and the municipalities it serves.
PO Box 3000
Somerville, NJ 08876
Tel: 908-231-7115 or 908-231-7116 (TT) or 800-246-0527
Sussex County Admin Center
One Spring Street
Newton, NJ 07860
Transit Tips (from Sussex County Public Transportation)
79 West Grand Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
Tel: 908-659-5000 or 908-241-8300
Department of Human Services
202 Mansfield Street
Belvidere, NJ 07823
First Transit Inc.
220 Belleview Road, Suite 4
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
This information last reviewed 3/3/11.