Articles in Other Sections of this Site
- Requesting New Jersey State Government Records
- Banking & Insurance - The NJ Department of Banking and Insurance (DOBI) is the state agency that regulates the banking, real estate and insurance industries in New Jersey. You may request copies of records online or by telephone that you think DOBI may have.
- How to Request Government Records? - If you do not know which state agency may have the records that you are looking for, under New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act (OPRA), the state’s Government Records Council will help you find and access state records that you want.
- Privacy Rights and Your Medical Records - This flyer provides general information about federal privacy rights to the information in your medical records. It is published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights.
- Vital Records in New Jersey - New Jersey’s Bureau of Vital Statistics and Registration collects and maintains records of the state’s births, adoptions, marriages, domestic partnerships, civil unions, and deaths. This Web site explains how to register, order, or amend records. It also provides information about obtaining other important records and links to registrars and records clerks in each county.
- Where to Write for Vital Records (from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) - This is the site for the National Center for Health Statistics, an organization of the U.S. Centers on Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The site contains links to contacts in every state where you may request records concerning birth, marriage, death, and divorce.
This information last reviewed 10/26/11